For many women in their 30’s, relationships, families, and careers can make for one crazy schedule. If you’re a thirty-something gal looking for a much-needed vacation– you’re in luck. Scattered across the globe are some fabulous travel destinations that will suit a variety of tastes and interests.
Whether you’re single or married, a stay-at-home mom or a working professional, here are 10 amazing places just waiting to welcome you.
- Madrid, Spain – If you’re looking or a unique travel experience unlike any other, Madrid may be the place for you. Some sights to explore include the Royal Palace, the Prado museum, and a famous Egyptian temple known as Templo de Debod. Spend an afternoon shopping in the city’s most notorious square, Puerta del Sol– and for some evening excitement see some of the best Flamenco dancing Madrid has to offer by dining at the famous Corral de la Moreiria.
- Las Vegas, Nevada – Las Vegas has a little something for everyone, and women in their 30’s will find plenty to do in this action-packed city! During the day, enjoy some shopping at The Forum Shops in Caesar’s Palace, Le Boulevard at Paris, Mandalay Place, or the enormous Fashion Show Mall. Book an afternoon at a popular spa, or take in a show at one of the city’s famous hotels or casinos. Las Vegas offers some of the best nightlife found in the United States, and dance clubs such as Studio 54 or the infamous Lax will not disappoint!
- Athens, Greece – For the vacation of a lifetime filled with incredible sightseeing, exquisite cuisine, and one-of-a-kind shopping– make Athens your travel destination. Sights that you must see to believe include the Acropolis and Parthenon, the Agora, Syntagma Square, the Theater of Donysos, and the Temple of Olympian Zeus– just to name a few. Check out the Agora-Athens Central Market filled with fresh produce and meat during the day, and at night you can find some of the best restaurants and nightlife located in the Gazi district of Athens.
- Sedona, Arizona – Nestled in the gorgeous Arizona red rocks, Sedona is a popular place to both relax and recharge. An afternoon at a spa will most certainly leave you with a feeling of pure bliss– one of the top favorites is the Mi Amo Spa at Enchantment– or try an alternative healing treatment such as Reiki or crystal healing at one of the many holistic health centers. If you love the outdoors, decent hiking trails with breathtaking scenery can be found at Slide Rock State Park or Red Rock State Park. For an experience unlike any other, visit one of Sedona’s famous vortexes– these natural energy centers are some of Arizona’s most unique treasures.
- New York City, New York – If you want to plan the ultimate girls’ getaway, make New York City your destination. Some of the world’s best shopping can be found here, and the city is filled with so many fantastic sights– the Empire State Building, the Statue of Liberty, and St. Patrick’s Cathedral are some of the most notable ones. You’ll find plenty of excitement in Times Square day and night, and donâ??t forget to buy tickets to a Broadway play while you’re there!
- Cairns, Australia – Known throughout Australia as one of the best places to take in the beauty of the Great Barrier Reef, visitors to Cairns can explore this stunning underwater kingdom via snorkeling scuba diving, or glass-bottomed boats. Spend the day at the famous Esplanade Lagoon, an enormous salt-water swimming pool – or visit one of the many beaches along the coast near Cairns for a day of fun in the sun. Booking cheap hotels online can help maximize your vacation experience in Australia.
- Estes Park, Colorado – Thrill seekers in search of some real outdoor adventure will find just what they’re looking for in Estes Park, Colorado. The Rocky Mountain National Park offers many trails for backpacking and hiking, and experienced climbers will find plenty of great places for rock climbing and mountaineering expeditions. Other ways to experience the spectacular scenery surrounding Estes Park include a kayaking trip down the Poudre River or a day spent horseback riding in the Colorado wilderness.
- Los Cabos, Mexico – Paradise awaits you in Los Cabos, and here is where you’ll find an endless number of luxury resorts and spas to choose from. It’s the ideal spot to enjoy a cocktail pool-side and allow the sun to melt your worries away. If you are looking for excitement in Los Cabos, there’s plenty of that, too. Spend a day on the beautiful Medano Beach, plan an afternoon of snorkeling, or book a swim with friendly Bottlenose dolphins.
- Milan, Italy – Often referred to as the fashion capital of the world, Milan offers some of the finest shopping found anywhere in the world. It also features magnificent sights like the Duomo Cathedral in Piazza del Duomo or the Sana Maria delle Grazie which houses Da Vinci’s famous painting of “The Last Supper.” After a day of sightseeing and perusing the high-end fashion district, relax with a glass of fine wine at a fine Italian restaurant.
- Nusa Dua, Bali Indonesia – For the ultimate escape from the real world, plan a vacation to Nusa Dua, located on the island of Bali in Indonesia. This private resort community is filled to the brim with 5 star luxury hotels and resorts, pampering spas, and fine dining. Relax and recharge in your own private villa following a therapeutic spa treatment or spend a day sunbathing, surfing, and swimming in the exotic waters of Nusa Dua Beach. It’s the perfect place to rejuvenate the mind, body, and soul.
The next time you get the itch to travel, consider visiting one of these wonderful places. It doesn’t matter if you want to fly solo, bring along a significant other, or rally your gal-pals– any of these travel destinations will have plenty of fun adventures and stress-relieving experiences to make any woman in her 30’s swoon.